AGE Platform Europe, EU
AGE is a European network of more than 140 organisations of people aged 50+ from around the EU-27, directly representing 25 million senior citizens.
AGE aims to voice and promote the interests of senior citizens -150 million inhabitants aged 50+ in the European Union - and to raise awareness of the issues that concern them most.
AGE's main objective is to serve as a bridge between our member organisations and EU institutions to ensure that older people’s issues are on the EU agenda. Our regular activities involve the dissemination of relevant information to our network, the retrieval of feedback from our network and drafting of common positions, regular contacts with EU institutions to voice the concerns of our members, monitoring of EU policy development, drafting position papers in response to key documents in close liaison with our members, developing our network and providing support to our members to help them in their lobby activities at national level, helping them coordinate their actions at national level with other NGOs pursuing similar aims. Our main channels for information dissemination are: our monthly Bulletin, newsflashes, our website, brochures, the participation in national seminars on EU issues, running working groups on EU developments in the field of health, information and communication technologies, social protection, employment and age discrimination
Anne-Sophie Parent has been Director of AGE since September 2002. Prior to that she was Director of Autism-Europe for six years and played an important role in the establishment of the European Disability Forum. In March 2003, Ms Parent was elected President of the Platform of European Social NGOs (Social Platform) and was re-elected in April 2005 for a second mandate. Anne-Sophie was elected Chair of the Civil Society Contact Group (CSCG) in November 2005. The CSCG brings together seven large European NGO platforms in the following fields: social (Social Platform), development (CONCORD), human rights (HRDN), environment (Green 10), women (EWL), culture (EFAH), public health (European Public Health Alliance).
- AGE/inc - Transnational Exchange Project - Social Inclusion developing the role of older people experiencing poverty and social exclusion http://www.age-platform.org/EN/article.php3?id_article=353
- Build for All - Accessible built environment http://www.build-for-all.net/
- EUROFAMCARE - Services for Supporting Family Carers of Elderly People in Europe: Characteristics, Coverage and Usage http://www.uke.uni-hamburg.de/extern/eurofamcare/
- FELICIE - Future Elderly Living Conditions in Europe http://www.felicie.org/
- Healthy Ageing - A challenge for Europe http://www.healthyageing.nu/
- LACE - Educational programs aiming at volunteer involvement of older citizens http://www.lace-project.net/
- UNIACCESS - Promote and support the networking and coordination of research and innovation activities in the field of universal design of accessibility systems for public transport http://w3.euve.org/uniaccess/index.asp